Relay Testing Laboratory
The relay testing lab of PSTI is equipped with English electric make distance relay panel and the overcurrent relay panel along with associated testing kits. These relay panels are installed about 15 years ago. They are in perfect working condition for testing the directional distance relays and the overcurrent relays.
The lab is also equipped with M/s ABB make non-switched static protective relays panel with distance, differential, fuse failure, over-current and restricted earth fault relays. The above relays can be tested with the associated testing kit.
There is a disturbance recorder cum fault locator in the laboratory supplied by M/s C&D Instruments (India) Ltd.
This instrument in association with the distance relays available in the laboratory can be used to demonstrate various types of faults, distance to fault etc.
The Relay Testing Laboratory is equipped with the following equipment:
- M/S English Electric Make Electro Mechanical Type Distance Relays for Single Phase to ground and phase to phase fault conditions of type MM3V.
- M/S English Electric Make portable test equipment of Type ZFB for testing distance relays.
- M/S English Electric Make Overcurrent Relays' panel with instantaneous and IDMT characteristic relays.
- M/S English Electric Make portable Test Equipment of Type CFB for testing overcurrent relays.
- M/S ABB Make Non-switched static protective relay cubical with the following relays:-
- Distance Protection Relays of type RAZFE
- Differential Protection Relays of type RADSB
- Over Current Protection Relays of type RXIDF
- Restricted Earth Fault Protection Relays of type RADHD
- M/S ABB Make Portable Relay Test Set of Type TURH to test the non-switched static relays.
- M/S English Electric Make Instantaneous and definite time Digital Frequency Relay of Type MFVUM
- M/S CSD Make Disturbance Recorder-cum-Fault Locator of Type IMS8